HELP🚨! I’ve hit a fitness 😩 plateau! What to do⬇️⬇️⬇️
We know that doing the same thing over and over again will get us the same results. If you’re looking to maintain what you have, then great, keep it up. But, if you’re not progressing toward your goal 🏆(weight loss, muscle gain💪🏻, etc), you may need to rethink your strategy.
Tips for pushing 🤚 past your plateau:
1. Switch up your normal workout routine. If all you do is cardio 🏃♀️, add in weights; if all you do is weights🏋️♀️, add in cardio. Try adding in HIIT style workouts to rev ⬆️ up your metabolism. Try to switch up your routine every few months to really challenge your muscles 💪🏻 in different ways.
2. Push yourself during your workouts. Try to increase ➕ your weights or reps. If you constantly do the same weight, your body doesn’t have any reason to grow more muscle. More muscle means more calories burned while at rest 🙌🏻.
3. You may need to take more rest/recovery 🏝 time to allow your muscles to heal so you can push harder the next time. Make sure you’re getting an adequate night’s sleep🛌.
4. Your nutrition 🥩🍚🥑 may not be adequate. You may be under eating, over eating or only eating enough to maintain and not grow muscle. Keep a food log 📓 for a few days and write down everything that goes in your mouth 👄. (And I mean everything! This includes all bites, licks and tastes)
5. Check for consistency. Have you been skipping out on more workouts than usual?
Remember that this is a journey, and we can’t just snap👌 our fingers and undo all our poor choices we made in the last 20 years. We have to work hard and stay consistent. Plateaus are normal, but be okay with getting out of your comfort zone. That’s where you really start to see changes 🎇!
If you need help getting your nutrition in line with your goals, check out my Macros Blueprint.
LIKE ❤️ SHARE ↗️ and SAVE 📒